મહેસાણા ના પ્રખ્યાત તુવેર ટોઠા બનાવવાની ઓરીજીનલ રીત । Mehsana Famous Tuver Na Totha | tuver na tothaCourse: Main CourseCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
1/2 cup Dried Pigeon peas
1 large Tomato
2 Green chillies
5-6 Garlic cloves
1/2 inch GInger
Salt to taste
1 Bay leaf
1 Red chillies
Pinch of asafoetida
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Red Chilli powder
2 tsp Cumin- coriander powder
1 tsp Garam masala powder
Sev and onion for Topping
3 tbsp Sesame oil
- Soak Dried pigeon peas overnight.
- Pressure cook them by adding salt in it for 3-4 whistles.
- In a mixer jar, add Green chillies, garlic, Onion, Ginger and tomato and make a paste of it.
- Also Chop an Onion in a chopper.
- Check the cooked pigeon peas, Preserve the water in a separate bowl.
- In a pan heat sesame oil.
- Add cumin seeds, Bay leaf and Whole red Chilli.
- Add pinch of Asafoetida.
- Add chopped Onion, green garlic and saute till onion becomes translucent.
- Add the prepared paste and saute well.
- Add all the dry masala powder and boiled pigeon peas.
- Add some water from which is preserved.
- Add Garam masala powder.
- Top with Sev and Onion and serve with Bajre ki roti or Roasted Bread.
- If dried pigeon peas are used then it will come out with an awesome taste.