Bhaidku | बाजरे की खिचड़ी। bajre ki khichdi। bajre ki khichdi kaise banate hain। bajra khichdiCourse: Main Course, Winter SpecialCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Moderate
1/3 cup Bajri
1/3 cup Jowar
1/3 cup Split moong dal
1/3 cup Rice
1 tbsp Ghee
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2 green chillies
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
salt to taste
1/3 cup boiled peas
Pinch of Asafoetida
4-5 Curry leaves
- Roast bajri, jowar, dal and rice on a low to medium flame for 2-3 minutes in batches.
- Allow them to cool.
- Grind them coarsely.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Add green chillies, ginger and boiled green peas.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add 1 1/2 cup water as we are taking 1/2 cup grounded mixture. (3x water to 1 times mixture)
- Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes on low flame.
- Check if it is properly cooked Or add some water and cook for few more minutes.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve warm.
- You can make the mixture in good amount and can store in a container for months.