Chai Masala powder | Best Chai Masala Powder Recipe | चाय मसाला पाउडर | masala chai spice mixCourse: MasalaCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Green Cardomom (Elaichi)
Black Cardomom (Kali elaichi)
Black Pepper (Kali Mirch)
Cinammon sticks (Dalchini)
Dry Ginger Powder (Saunth)
Star Anise (Chakra Phool)
- We are roasting the spices in two batches.
- In first batch add Cardomom, Black Cardomom, Black Pepper, Cloves and Cinnamon.
- Roast for 3 minutes on low flame.
- Remove in a plate to cool.
- In the second batch, add star anise, Nutmeg, Mace and dry ginger.
- Roast them for 3-5 minutes on low flame.
- Remove in the same plate to cool.
- Using Mortar and pestle crush the nutmeg into pieces.
- In a mixer Grinder, crush all the spices to the coarse powder.
- Don’t make it Fine.
- Masala is ready.
- Add it to the tea one boil before switching off the flame. Else the masala will lose its aroma and taste.
- Roasting increases the shelf life of masala powder.
- Roasting releases natural oils in the spice.
- Roasting removes moisture in the spices so that grinding becomes easy.