Instant Jalebi Recipe |how to make Jalebi | Make Crispy Crunchy and Juicy jalebi in minutesCourse: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Moderate
1/2 Cup Maida
1/2 tbsp Corn Flour
1 tbsp Curd
Pinch of Saffron
Pinch of Turmeric
Pinch of Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Vinegar
1 cup Sugar
- In a mixing bowl, add Maida, corn flour, curd, vinegar and turmeric powder.
- Gradually add water and make a lump free batter.
- Check the consistency. It should be flowy but not runny. If you are using cloth to make jalebis then the batter should be slightly thick.
- Keep it aside for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile for sugar syrup, add 1 cup sugar and 3/4th cup water in a pan.
- Let the sugar dissolve.
- Add lemon juice and cook for 3-5 minutes on low to medium flame.
- Lastly add pinch of saffron and switch off the flame.
- Now take batter and add pinch of Soda and mix well.
- Pour the batter in a ketchup bottle. (You can use plastic piping bag or cloth)
- Heat oil for deep frying the Jalebis. Ensure the oil should be mild and not very hot.
- Make Jalebis as shown in the video. fry them properly. (It takes approx 1 to 1.5 minute)
- Remove them from Oil and immediately dip in a sugar syrup.
- Coat well using tong (roti chimta) and remove it. (Don’t soak it. else it will become lumpy)
- Similarly, repeat the process for remaining batter.
- Crispy and Juicy Jalebis are ready to eat!!
- You can use rice flour instead of corn flour.
- You can skip Vinegar, if you use sour curd.
- After frying Jalebis immediately dip them in sugar syrup as they absorb well when they are hot.
- Don’t soak them in sugar syrup. Just dip, flip and coat well. Remove immediately after half to 1 minutes. Else they will turn Lumpy and not crispy.
- If you are using cloth to make jalebis then the batter should be slightly thick than shown here.