Kanda Poha | Pohay | Poha recipe | batata poha | how to make kanda poha | Easy breakfast recipeCourse: BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Poha is one of India’s most popular breakfast (especially in North and western India). Flattened rice is tempered with spices and onions making it the perfect way to start the day.
1 cup Poha
Salt to taste
2 tsp Sugar
1.5 tbsp Oil
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Fennel seeds
1 tbsp Groundnuts
1 medium Onion
1 small Potato
1/2 small Tomato
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
Lemon juice as per taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
6-7 Curry leaves
1 Green Chilly
- Take poha and wash them 2 times and soak for atmost 1 minute.
- Remove in a strainer, and add salt and sugar and mix well.
- In a pan, add mustard seeds, fennel seeds, groundnuts and roast.
- Add green chilly and curry leaves.
- Add Onion and saute for a while.
- Add potato, cover and cook until the potatoes are done.
- Add tomatoes and lastly add poha and mix well.
- Better toss to avoid breaking the poha.
- Squeeze juice of lemon as per your taste.
- Toss well and Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Top with pomegranate, ratlami sev, tikhi boondi, grated beetroot, etc…
- Serve hot with masala tea.
- Dont oversoak poha. else it will leave with lumpy consistency.