Mc D style cheesy rice bowl | cheesy rice bowl recipe | Italian fried rice with cheesy white sauceCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: Italian
This cheesy rice bowl is made of fried rice which has a twist of boiled wheat and enriched with cheesy white sauce and italian spices. This dish is loved by all and can be eaten to hearts content.
- For Sauce
2 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Maida
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp White Pepper powder
1/3 cup Grated Cheese
- For Fried Rice
1/3 cup Wheat
1 cup Rice
Salt to taste
3 tbsp Oil
1/2 cup French Beans
1/2 cup Boiled Peas
1/2 cup Boiled Corn
1 tsp Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
1 tsp Ketchup
1 tsp Black Pepper powder
- Sauce Preparation
- Heat butter in a pan, Add Maida and let it saute.
- Add milk, and allow it to boil.
- Add salt, white pepper powder and grated cheese.
- Let the mixture come to its desired consistency. (semi thick consistency)
- Rice Preparation
- Take 500ml water in a pressure cooker, add wheat to it and allow it to cook for 2-3 whistles.
- In another pan, heat 1.5 litre of water, add rice & salt and allow it to boil till its completely cooked.
- In a pan, heat oil.
- Add finely chopped Onion and saute till it becomes translucent.
- Then add all veggies and cover and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Take a tbsp of veggies aside for topping.
- Add Oregano, chilli flakes, ketchup and black pepper powder. (You can add more ketchup for a tangy taste)
- Add cooked and strained rice, and boiled wheat.
- Mix well and switch OFF the flame.
- In a bowl add rice, pour cheesy white sauce, and top with the sauted veggies.
- Boil french beans, corn and peas to save time during saute.
- Ensure the wheat is properly done. Else cook for 1 more whistle.