mohanthal recipe | how to make traditional gujarati mohanthal recipe | मोहनथाल | MohanthalCourse: Sweet, Dessert
1/2 cup Besan
1/4th cup Sugar
1/4th cup Ghee
1/5th cup Water
1/2 tbsp Ghee
1 tbsp Milk
Pinch of Orange Food Colour
3-4 strands of Saffron
2-3 Cardomom powder
- For Flour Mixture
- Take 1/2 cup besan in a broad vessel, add 1/2 tbsp Ghee, 1/2 tbsp Milk and rub gently with both hands.
- Thenafter, sieve with strainer.
- In a pan, heat 1/4th cup Ghee and add sieved flour. Cook until it becomes airy, colour changes, and becomes aromatic.
- For Sugar syrup
- In another pan add 1/4th cup Sugar, 1/5th cup Water.
- When it comes to boil, add cardomom powder, saffron, and pinch of saffron colour.
- Make a syrup of 2 string consistency.
- Pour the sugar syrup in the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add 1/2 tbsp Milk to make mohanthal Softer.
- Mix again properly till it gets perfect texture.
- Add to the greased plate and spread evenly.
- Top with chopped Pistachios and almonds.
- Allow it to set for atleast 1 hour.