One pot jeera rice recipe | जीरा राइस रेसिपी | how to make jeera rice | jeera pulao | jeera riceCourse: Main Course, Rice, Lunch recipes
1 cup Basmati Rice
1 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Ghee
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 inch Cinnamon
1 Bay Leaf
Salt to taste
2 cups Water
- Heat Oil and Ghee in a pan.
- Add all the spices.
- Add some water to avoid burning the spices. Immediately close the lid.
- Now open the lid and add water, salt and soaked Basmati Rice.
- Cover and cook on low to medium flame for atleast 8-10 minutes.
- Check the rice, if still water is there then cover and cook for 5 minutes more on low flame.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot with Dal fry or Dal Tadka.
- For perfect dish use aged rice.
- If you are convenient use only ghee. (Some people don’t like the smell so I added Oil also.)
- You can Garnish with Coriander leaves.