Restaurant style Mushroom Matar Masala | Mushroom Matar Masala | Mushroom Matar masala recipeCourse: Main Course, Indian Curry, Indian SabjiCuisine: Indian
1 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp + 3 tbsp Oil
1 inch Ginger
8-9 Garlic cloves
1 Large Onion
1 Large Tomato
8-10 Cahew nuts
Salt to taste
1.2 tsp Black pepper powder
1 tsp Cumin seeds
Pinch of Shahi Jeera
1 Bay leaf
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tsp Cumin-coriander powder
1 tsp Garam masala powder
1 tbsp Kasuri Methi
1/2 cup Boiled peas
- For Gravy
- Heat 1 tbsp Oil in a pan.
- Add ginger, garlic, onion, tomato and cashew.
- Saute till they become soft.
- Remove them and let it cool down.
- Preparing Mushrooms
- In the same pan, heat 1/2 tbsp Oil and add sliced mushrooms.
- Add salt and black pepper powder.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes on high flame.
- Remove them in a bowl.
- Assembling the curry
- Heat 3 tbsp Oil in a pan.
- Add Cumin seeds, shahi jeera and bay leaf.
- Add prepared gravy and saute till the oil separates.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and cumin- coriander powder.
- Mix well and Add 1/2 cup water.
- Add boiled peas and fried mushrooms.
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Kasuri methi and salt and cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Open the lid and add garam masala to it.
- Serve hot with Paratha, Butter roti or Naan.