Spicy and Tangy Baby Onions CurryCourse: Main Course, Summer SpecialCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
7 Baby Onions
1 medium sized potato (diced)
½ Raw Mango (diced)
2-3 Garlic cloves (chopped)
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 whole red chilly
½ tsp turmeric powder
1½ tsp red chili powder
1 tsp cumin coriander powder
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Pinch of asafoetida
3 tbsp Oil
- Heat 3 tbsp Oil in a pressure cooker.
- Temper with Cumin seeds, Garlic cloves, Whole red chilli and asafoetida and then add turmeric powder.
- Add onions, diced potatoes and then diced raw mango.
- Thereafter add all dry masalas and 3/4th cup of water.
- Mix well, cover the lid and cook for 1 whistle.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.
- It is made specially in summer, as onion and mango both are beneficial in summer.