Tawa Pulao Recipe | Mumbai Style Tawa Pulao | Instant Pulao Recipe | Indian RiceCourse: Rice dish, Street foodCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Moderate
1/2 cup Rice
3 cups Water
1 medium Onion
1 small tomato
1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
1 bay leaf
1 star anise
1 inch cinnamon
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1 tsp Pav bhaji masala
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
Juice of half lemon
1/2 tsp Cumin- Coriander powder
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste
70-80 gms Cauliflower
1/2 cup green peas
1 medium sized potato
- For cooking Rice
- Heat 3 cups of water in a pan.
- Add salt to taste, 1 bay leaf, 1 star anise and 1 inch Cinnamon.
- Cover and let the water comes to boil.
- Thenafter add 1/2 cup rinsed and soaked Basmati rice.
- Allow it to cook completly.
- Then strain it and keep aside.
- for Cooking Vegetables
- Heat a cup of water in a vessel.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add cauliflower, peas and potato.
- Allow them to cook.
- Thenafter strain it and keep it aside.
- For making Pulao
- Heat 2 tbsp OIl and 1 tbsp Ghee.
- Add 1 tsp Cumin seeds.
- Add sliced Onion, saute for a while.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the onions become translucent.
- Add capsicum and tomato and let the tomatoes cook for a while.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin-coriander powder to it.
- Add boiled vegetables.
- Now add salt to taste. But keep in mind that we have added salt previously in rice as well as vegetables.
- Add pav bhaji masala and garam masala.
- 10. Squeeze juice of half lemon and mix well.
- 11. Add cooked rice and mix well. Ensure you don’t break them.
- 12. Garnish with Coriander leaves.
- You can use Butter instead of ghee.
- You can cook veggies with the rice as well. But the veggies can overcook at time.
- You can substitute pav bhaji masala with pulao masala or biryani masala.
- You can add vegetables of your choice. Like Carrot, french beans,etc.