Won ton | won ton recipe | Chinese recipe | chinese dish | Corn cheese and capsicum pocketsCourse: Snacks, Deep Fried, Quick BitesDifficulty: Easy
Won ton is a kind of pocket stuffed with boiled corn, cheese and capsicum and then are deep fried. You can have it with schezwan sauce or ketchup. It is very yummy and tasty dish.
- For Dough
1/2 cup Maida
1 tbsp Corn Flour
Salt to taste
1/2 tbsp Oil
- For Filling
1/4th cup Boiled Corn
1/4th cup Grated Cheese
1 small Capsicum
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp Black Pepper powder
Oil for frying
- Dough Preparation
- Mix all the dough ingredients and knead a firm dough.
- Cover and keep it aside for atleast half an hour.
- Filling Preparation
- Take all the ingredients except oil and prepare a mixture
- Making WON TON
- Make 2 balls from the dough.
- Take 1 and make a roti sized circle.
- Cut the edges such that it form a square shape.
- Now mark horizontally and vertically to make 4 parts.
- Take 1 part and add filling to it.
- Now fold and press the edges gently.
- Roll and join the edges to make a won ton shape. For detail watch the video given below)
- Heat oil in a pan. Gently add the won tons and deep fry them until golden and crisp.
- Serve with ketchup or Schezwan chutney.
- You can make the shape of samosa as well.
- You can also make a simple rectangular shape after cutting it into four parts.
- By adding corn flour the upper layer of won tons becomes crisp.
- You can also add lemon juice and powdered sugar to make a layer crisp.